Aarong – Bengali for ‘village fair’ – is B angladesh’s most popular lifestyle retail chain. This ethical brand began in 1978 as a humble means to empower rural artisans to rise above poverty. Today, with 20 retail stores across Bangladesh and over 100 fashion and lifestyle product lines, Aarong supports 65,000 artisans with fair terms of trade. Revolutionising the retail industry with high standards for quality and artistry, this iconic brand blends the traditional with the contemporary in ways that never cease to win consumer appeal both at home and abroad. In 1976, when BRAC– the world’s largest development organisation – engaged a small number of rural women to produce crafts, their only buyers were a few scattered retailers in Dhaka. Weeks, even months would pass between supply and payment, until BRAC intervened and established Aarong to pay the rural women for their goods on time. Over the past four decades, Aarong has carved out a unique market segment for handicrafts, reviving Bangladesh’s rich heritage and impacting the lives of more than 325,000 people through 850 small entrepreneurs and the Ayesha Abed Foundation. The foundation acts as Aarong’s production hub, where artisans find employment and access to BRAC’s holistic support including, maternal health care, hygiene awareness and subsidized latrines, micro-credit, legal aid, day care and education for their children. From clay pots to diamond jewellery, and silk and cotton fabrics to brass and leather merchandise, Aarong’s vast range of innovative products, backed by a robust supply chain and distribution network, makes Aarong truly a household brand in Bangladesh. Its growing presence outside of Bangladesh – through fair-trade networks and the online shop– continues to broaden the market for Bangladeshi crafts globally, creating more opportunities for artisans to protect their age-old art
Retail Planner, Retail, Aarong
Job Nature: Full-Time
Age Range: 30-40 years
Experience: 5 years
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Create annual, monthly, weekly & seasonal stock plans, forecasts for sales, inventory, markdowns and gross margin.
- Create allocation strategies, incorporating the inventory plan and flow strategy to meet store inventory need and outlet wise products assortments plan (item, color, size) for each product category.
- Review, analyze and adjust allocation plans incorporating sales trends.
- Initiate and develop strategies and actionable analysis to recap retail/outlet operation by classification and subclass keeping top-line in order, create strategies to drive sales and achieve gross margin profitability.
- Recommend with thorough analysis of retail business prior to every festival/event to achieve increased sales, profitability and sell-thru % by category and department.
- Produce weekly reports, recapping sales, target vs. achievement, inventory and margin projection by department & outlet.
- Collaborate with relevant department to ensure consistency in-season allocation and replenishment.
- Analyze consumer needs, marketplace, assortments, key items, top designs/SKUs performance and sell thru.
- Meet financial objectives by preparing an effective annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions to control cost.
- Co-ordinate with relevant depts. of Central Services to ensure smooth operations
Job Qualification And Skills
- Post Graduate/Graduate with major in Retail / Finance/ Sales.
- At least 5 years experiences in management, stock planning or merchandising.
- Hands-on knowledge of retail operations and Retail forecasting.
- Excellent analytical to improve performance and cost control.
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Knowledge on Inventory Management and Supply Chain Management
PF, Gratuity, Festival Bonus, Performance Bonus, Health & life Insurance, flexible office hour etc.