Director- Quality Education
Job Nature: Full-Time
The Director, Quality Education will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of management and implementation of education, literacy and other school strengthening program activities. The position will report directly to Chief of Party Esho Shikhi “Come and Learn” Activity.
Age Range: 34-50 years
Experience: 10 years
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Provide strategic direction and lead on the Education interventions of the project
- Conducts an analysis of government curriculum to identify gaps for developing literacy skills
- Ensure coordination of education and school strengthening team activities with all project areas (field management, monitoring and evaluation, grants and operations and security);
- Ensure the quality of teacher training, mentoring staff on the curriculum and learner-centered teaching methods to improve literacy outcomes.
- Provides technical support and guidance to staff involved in supporting literacy program implementation
- Provide technical assistance to the teams and build capacity for developing manuals, training modules and documenting best practices
- Liaise in a timely and consistent manner with all project directors. In particular, ensure education activities are closely integrated with other project activities, including natural disaster and emergency preparedness activities;
- Engage in regular communication and coordination with the Chief of Party and other key staff on technical and project management issues;
- Strengthen the technical quality of education programs and the capacity of staff to implement the high quality programs;
- Define strategic direction and ensure high quality education & school strengthening programming, including the annual work planning process; Engage with the MoPME, MoED, DSHEand development partners to integrate education: formal and alternative education system teacher/facilitator and head teacher training; teacher and learner well-being; School Management Committee (SMC) training, school development planning, material development and other education activities;
- Evaluate programmatic effectiveness and provide technical assessment reports.
- Responsible for writing project deliverable -- Quarterly Reports, Annual Reports, and other technical reports, with input from technical team building capacity of education authorities to deliver and sustain good education practices and increase access to underserved groups;
- Strengthen capacity of local NGOs to serve as master trainers for SMC and school-based training as well as capacity-building of all levels of MoPME, DSHE and MoED managers and supervisors;
- Visit program sites to assess effectiveness of program design and implementation, training, workshops, as well as other purposes.
Job Qualification And Skills
- Master’s degree in one of the following or related fields: Education, Education Planning, Education Policy, Education Management or other relevant field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years field management experience in Asia preferably South Asia, and eight (8) years of experience in development programs.
- Experience and facility with rapidly changing project designs
- Proven ability to successfully implement multi-faceted education interventions at the community and school level
- Preparation of work plans, budgets and other key project documents. Experience with Do No Harm programming a plus;
- Knowledge and practical experience developing standards for assessment systems, including for student learning outcomes, teacher performance, and school performance;
- Knowledge of USAID project management, evaluation procedures and standards, and requirements
- Knowledge of education policy issues that affect student learning
- Knowledge of all technical and management aspects required to develop reliable and meaningful assessment tools that can inform teacher practice as well as policy direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Provident Fund
- 13th Month Bonus
- Discretionary Performance Bonus
- Health coverage including spouse and children
- Professional Development opportunities. The most significant benefit is the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing international organizations, which has sole focus on education & continuously innovating efficient & effective social entrepreneurship