Aarong – Bengali for ‘village fair’ – is B angladesh’s most popular lifestyle retail chain. This ethical brand began in 1978 as a humble means to empower rural artisans to rise above poverty. Today, with 20 retail stores across Bangladesh and over 100 fashion and lifestyle product lines, Aarong supports 65,000 artisans with fair terms of trade. Revolutionising the retail industry with high standards for quality and artistry, this iconic brand blends the traditional with the contemporary in ways that never cease to win consumer appeal both at home and abroad. In 1976, when BRAC– the world’s largest development organisation – engaged a small number of rural women to produce crafts, their only buyers were a few scattered retailers in Dhaka. Weeks, even months would pass between supply and payment, until BRAC intervened and established Aarong to pay the rural women for their goods on time. Over the past four decades, Aarong has carved out a unique market segment for handicrafts, reviving Bangladesh’s rich heritage and impacting the lives of more than 325,000 people through 850 small entrepreneurs and the Ayesha Abed Foundation. The foundation acts as Aarong’s production hub, where artisans find employment and access to BRAC’s holistic support including, maternal health care, hygiene awareness and subsidized latrines, micro-credit, legal aid, day care and education for their children. From clay pots to diamond jewellery, and silk and cotton fabrics to brass and leather merchandise, Aarong’s vast range of innovative products, backed by a robust supply chain and distribution network, makes Aarong truly a household brand in Bangladesh. Its growing presence outside of Bangladesh – through fair-trade networks and the online shop– continues to broaden the market for Bangladeshi crafts globally, creating more opportunities for artisans to protect their age-old art
Deputy Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, Finance and Accounts
Job Nature: Full-Time
Age Range: 25-30 years
Experience: 2 to 3 years
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Perform various analysis as and when required by the Management. Develop business plans for new projects.
- Analyzing business for Strategic Business Units and departments.
- Minimizing business risk by analyzing, highlighting risks and providing mitigation plan, driving OPEX saving initiatives, analyzing receivable report, sales report, inventory, cash flow and financial reports on weekly and monthly basis.
- Assisting in managing inventory, providing ad-hoc analysis reports with recommendation as per requirement.
- Project management for various cost improvement, new business, investment projects as and when required.
- Reviewing the business case for a new project in the planning state, investment, OPEX and CAPEX analysis in regard to business extension, product profitability, monitoring and controlling including post implementation review of projects.
Job Qualification And Skills
- BBA/MBA with major in Finance/Accounting from any reputed university.
- 2 to 3 years.
- Practical experience on budget preparation, variance analysis and implementation of budget
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
- Knowledge in automated financial and accounting reporting systems
PF, Gratuity, Festival Bonus, Performance Bonus, Health & life Insurance, flexible office hour etc.