Aarong – Bengali for ‘village fair’ – is B angladesh’s most popular lifestyle retail chain. This ethical brand began in 1978 as a humble means to empower rural artisans to rise above poverty. Today, with 20 retail stores across Bangladesh and over 100 fashion and lifestyle product lines, Aarong supports 65,000 artisans with fair terms of trade. Revolutionising the retail industry with high standards for quality and artistry, this iconic brand blends the traditional with the contemporary in ways that never cease to win consumer appeal both at home and abroad. In 1976, when BRAC– the world’s largest development organisation – engaged a small number of rural women to produce crafts, their only buyers were a few scattered retailers in Dhaka. Weeks, even months would pass between supply and payment, until BRAC intervened and established Aarong to pay the rural women for their goods on time. Over the past four decades, Aarong has carved out a unique market segment for handicrafts, reviving Bangladesh’s rich heritage and impacting the lives of more than 325,000 people through 850 small entrepreneurs and the Ayesha Abed Foundation. The foundation acts as Aarong’s production hub, where artisans find employment and access to BRAC’s holistic support including, maternal health care, hygiene awareness and subsidized latrines, micro-credit, legal aid, day care and education for their children. From clay pots to diamond jewellery, and silk and cotton fabrics to brass and leather merchandise, Aarong’s vast range of innovative products, backed by a robust supply chain and distribution network, makes Aarong truly a household brand in Bangladesh. Its growing presence outside of Bangladesh – through fair-trade networks and the online shop– continues to broaden the market for Bangladeshi crafts globally, creating more opportunities for artisans to protect their age-old art
Assistant General Manager (Sales and Marketing), Ecommerce
Job Nature: Full-Time
Age Range: 30-40 years
Experience: 5 to 7 years
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop and drive GTM (Go to Market) strategies for Aarong Ecommerce.
- Plan and execute periodic campaigns to increase market reach and boost sales.
- Manage and run targeted promotions and conversion ads in coordination with marketing
- Experience in category management and product selection with in-depth understanding of purchase behavior, display merchandising and promotions.
- Experience in handling online sales and product promotions across International and local markets.
- Liaison with supply chain, merchandising, inventory planning, central store and warehouse for consistent supply of products.
- Analyze, review and recommend improvement areas to enhance overall UI/UX and customer experience in desktop and APP
- Ability to plan and execute project based assignments with time-bound deliverable.
- Leverage Aarong's brand equity to drive partnerships, co-branding opportunities, sponsorship, and advertisements.
- Strong people management experience with ability to relate and communicate with all levels of management.
Job Qualification And Skills
- Graduate / Post Graduate in Digital Sales / International Marketing / Marketing/Business Management from any reputed university
- 5 to 7 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s): Category management and Online sales
- Digital marketing