Aarong – Bengali for ‘village fair’ – is B angladesh’s most popular lifestyle retail chain. This ethical brand began in 1978 as a humble means to empower rural artisans to rise above poverty. Today, with 20 retail stores across Bangladesh and over 100 fashion and lifestyle product lines, Aarong supports 65,000 artisans with fair terms of trade. Revolutionising the retail industry with high standards for quality and artistry, this iconic brand blends the traditional with the contemporary in ways that never cease to win consumer appeal both at home and abroad. In 1976, when BRAC– the world’s largest development organisation – engaged a small number of rural women to produce crafts, their only buyers were a few scattered retailers in Dhaka. Weeks, even months would pass between supply and payment, until BRAC intervened and established Aarong to pay the rural women for their goods on time. Over the past four decades, Aarong has carved out a unique market segment for handicrafts, reviving Bangladesh’s rich heritage and impacting the lives of more than 325,000 people through 850 small entrepreneurs and the Ayesha Abed Foundation. The foundation acts as Aarong’s production hub, where artisans find employment and access to BRAC’s holistic support including, maternal health care, hygiene awareness and subsidized latrines, micro-credit, legal aid, day care and education for their children. From clay pots to diamond jewellery, and silk and cotton fabrics to brass and leather merchandise, Aarong’s vast range of innovative products, backed by a robust supply chain and distribution network, makes Aarong truly a household brand in Bangladesh. Its growing presence outside of Bangladesh – through fair-trade networks and the online shop– continues to broaden the market for Bangladeshi crafts globally, creating more opportunities for artisans to protect their age-old art
AGM/DGM, Finance and Accounts
Job Nature: Full-Time
Age Range: 30-40 years
Experience: 4 to 6 years
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Lead and Co-ordinating the preparation of Financial Statements.
- Developing Standard of Procedures for Financial Processes such as P2P, O2C etc.
- Financial Risk Assessment of the organization to ensure a sustainable growth.
- Establish review mechanism checkpoints in daily financials.
- Encounter legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing accounting regulations, recommending new procedures, solving tax and VAT related issues.
- Maintain a high level of relationship with various authorities like NBR, Insurance Company etc.
- Supervise acquiring various licenses and other legal documents such as trade license, jewelry license, jute license, garments product license, shop and Industrial license, VAT registration and renewals of them.
- Develop end to end process and ensure the management of Corporate Gift Vouchers check the feasibility and viability of promotions and offers.
- Provide accounting support for export to international market by E-commerce.
- Establish Internal Control Structure to maintain the organization’s transactions.
- Face external audit, internal audit, audit of Bangladesh Bank, NBR (Tax and VAT) and other Legislation bodies.
- Take responsibility for risk coverage of organizational assets (Insurance).
- Supervise outlet accountants and handle the accounting operations of the outlets overall.
- Adapt the best practices of the latest Accounting Standards in the Financial Reporting system of Aarong.
Job Qualification And Skills
- BBA/MBA/Bcom/Mcom with major in Finance/Accounting from any reputed university.
- 4 to 6 years.
- Practical experience on budget preparation, variance analysis and implementation of budget
- Skills in preparing financial reports, statements and projections, Internal control system initialization, development & implementation, Enterprise risk assessment and management
- Knowledge of IAS, IFRS and GAAP
- Experience in Accounting, Finance, Auditing, Tax, VAT, Treasury
PF, Gratuity, Festival Bonus, Performance Bonus, Health & life Insurance, Pick & drop, Lunch facility, flexible office hour etc.