IT and Engineering company
Consultant - Psychosocial and Psychosexual Tool-kit Development
Job Nature: Full-Time
- Light House is national level organization working in 46 districts to serves the socially and economically less privileged people in Bangladesh, who are deprived of quality health care facilities in teams of both general and reproductive health, nutrition and income generating opportunities, and equitable access to justice; and are vulnerable to climate change effects.
- • Light House has been contracted by UNFPA to ensure integrated sexual reproductive health and rights (SRHR), GBV and psychosocial support services for the key population particularly the female sex workers and people living with HIV who are belonging from the host and refugee community at Cox`s Bazar district in development and humanitarian context. The targeted population from the host and refugee community have specific, pre-existing mental health problems added with existing pandemic COVID-19 situation. It is challenging to mitigate increased incidences of GBV during COVID and they badly need protection and treatment support. Unavailability of such psychosocial and psychological support during the need while these socially excluded poor population are struggling for food, shelter, livelihood, GBV during COVID-19 and for any pre-existing disorders make the situation worst. Others experience psychosocial problem that can develop as a result of displacement of Rohingya refugees, experiencing GBV in many forms and even lack of having protection or psychical support services or the events those precipitated it. In such condition Mental Health and Psychosocial Supports (MHPSS) are essential and may have particularly time-bound and developmental importance for certain groups of refugee and key vulnerable population like female sex workers and people living with HIV (PLHIV).MHPSS provision may be integrated into existing SRHR services such as primary health care, education and protection. Highly specialized provision, such as for those who have experienced violence, trafficking or detention, or who are currently in detention, may need to be delivered by separate means. However, it is delivered, the effectiveness of care may depend on cooperation between multiple systems. Alternative forms of support may be delivered through non-specialist forms of support, and by strengthening community and family supports. Other interventions may include programming around access to exercise, spiritual or religious fellowship and peer psychological support to address specific needs and promote mental well-being more generally.Beside many organizations has developed their own tool kit keeping considering their beneficiaries, here, Light House intend to adopt tool kit on psychosocial and psychosexual aspects of the key population particularly female sex workers and people living with HIV who are from the host and refugee community.
Age Range: 18-25 years
Experience: 0 to 2 years
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Desk review of selected current psychosocial/MHPSS/GBV tools and materials used by different stakeholders/organization in the field
- Meetings and discussions with PSS staff and volunteers where possible and field visits to PSS activities in Cox's Bazar
- Meeting with Light House and UNFPA team to present main findings and overview of toolkit
- Final submission of tool kit
Job Qualification And Skills
- Master of Social Science (MSS) in Psychology
- At least 5 year(s)
- Relevant academic discipline: Master's degree in psychology.
- More than 5 years of experience working with designing, implementing and evaluating programs related to psychosocial interventions
- MPH in any discipline will add an extra value.
- Experience in Bangladesh Contexts
- Extensive experience with developments of tools and methodologies
- Excellent English writing and spoken skills and documented experience with publication of re-ports/guidelines
- Experience with protection services, gender-based violence and working with key population (adolescent, youths and adults) will be an added advantage
As per company policies